Perth is the fourth largest city in Australia. It is also regarded as the capital of Western Australia. The city has the highest number of self-made millionaires in the whole world.
And guess what, Perth is closer to Jakarta and Singapore than it is closer to Canberra. Interesting, right?
The city is the sunniest capital in the world and has a liveliness attached to it.Students from over 200 nationalities come here to study which accounts for approximately 35000 students. It is also considered more affordable than other student cities in Australia like Canberra, Perth, and Brisbane. You have universities like University of Western Australia, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch and Curtin University.
We have made a list of things you definitely should do once you come here :
- Take a helicopter ride over the Freemantle city: Witness the beautiful swan river and Perth city from a 360-degree view up above in the sky. In only fifteen minutes, follow the river to reach the beautiful and historic port city of Fremantle and come back to the picturesque city of Perth. The harbor views and clear waters are surely going to take your breath away. This is perfect for a special occasion or a date night.
- Go skydiving: Get the thrills of free falling above the pristine Turquoise Coast, Jurien Bay Marine Park landing under parachute on our famous white sandy beach. You can choose a 20, 35 and 60 seconds of freefall. There will an instructor to guide you there throughout. Go to a group to get some group discounts.
- See some whales: If you didn’t know, the Southern hemisphere has the largest pod of killer whales. The Humpback and Southern Right Whales can also be seen off Augusta, Dunsborough or Albany. Opt for a whale watching cruise with Rottonest fast ferries and enjoy a two-hour cruise in the closest proximity with whales.
- Meet with Aliens: Haha, wait let us explain. An hour and a half away from Perth is the totally alien landscape of The Pinnacles at Cervantes. The place is totally deserted and is filled with limestone pillars that are remnants of compacted seashells that once covered the plain and, over millennia, subsequently eroded. You can also visit the Numbing national park and the Hangover Bay while you’re here.
- Cherish some art: Art lovers, gather around, Perth has this excellent gallery houses the state’s pre-eminent art collection. The gallery has works of artists from as long back as world war II.From canvases to bark paintings and sculpture, you can find it all here. They also have free running tours throughout the day.
University Living strives to provide the best student accommodation to international students so that they can study and also have a great social life simultaneously.